The mobile web platform’s conversion rate 14 days before the bug fix is the control, the 14 days following the fix is the treatment, and the conversion rates on other platforms serve as the covariates.
- We can’t identify all confounders. Sometimes, we don’t know what the confounding variables are or we can’t capture all major confounders.
- We can’t choose the right list of covariates and validate the impact of the chosen covariates.
- We can brainstorm potential confounding effects before measurement to make numerous strong hypotheses
- we can use advanced methods such as the instrumental variables method or the regression discontinuity design method to achieve an unbiased estimate despite being unable to block all the back-door paths
Taking Dev Environments to Kubernetes Pods
When developers would instantiate an instance of a development environment, a Kubernetes pod would be started. This host container holds
git clones of all of the repositories necessary for running the repository. Each repository (in what would be referred to as the workspace) also defined a
docker-compose.yml that specified how the related custom repository containers and supporting services should be run together. This composition would be started on the host container with the cloned code volume mapped into the appropriate repository containers holding the correct dependency set.
Best Practices for Bug Reporting
- Bug Description — Share a clear and concise description of the bug. Then, provide an explanation of how the bug could be replicated in the real world, with steps to reproduce the bug.
- Impact — Outline the…