Weekly Digest #57
- Keep Things Small (Having a fewer number of servers means fewer things breaking down, which makes it easier for the team to handle.)
- Keep Things Simple (Just Enough Engineering, avoid over-investing in systems and components, focus on building just enough for scalability, security and reliability.)
- Have a Single Minded Focus on the Mission (dedicated to delivering a core communications app with a great UI. avoid extra bells and whistles and don’t implement features that aren’t exclusively focused on core communications.)
- The JVM delegates threading to operating system threads. Go implements its own scheduler that allows many Goroutines to run on the same OS thread.
- The JVM defaults to a 1 MB stack per thread. Go’s stacks are dynamically sized and a new goroutine will have a stack of about 4 KB.
The author make use of NLP API to build a website that accepts image and turn them into blog post.
HTTP is an application protocol. It basically means that HTTP itself can’t be used to transport information to/from a remote end point. Instead it relies on an underlying protocol which in HTTP’s case is TCP.
Sockets on the other hand are an API that most operating systems provide to be able to talk with the network. The socket API supports different protocols from the transport layer and down.
sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM) sock.connect(("www.example.com", 80))
sock.send(b"GET / HTTP/1.1\r\nHost:www.example.com\r\n\r\n") response = sock.recv(4096)
to fix the blocking socket we can:
- disable the persistent HTTP connection
- 2) set a timeout on the socket
- 3) read the HTTP response headers to determine when to quit
codepng — Turn your code into awesome pictures
Microdiff is a tiny (currently <1kb), fast, zero dependency object and array comparison library. It is significantly faster than most other deep comparison libraries, and has full TypeScript support.
AppFlowy The Open Source Notion Alternative
it-depends It-Depends is a tool to automatically build a dependency graph and Software Bill of Materials (SBOM) for packages and arbitrary source code repositories.
When airplane have more engine, it doesn’t make it more safe