- Network Latency — how long does a network round trip between browser and server take?
- Network Bandwidth — how much data can be transferred per second?
- CPU Throttling — is the processor slowed down to simulate a mobile device?
- Test Location — where in the world is the test run from?
- Screen size — are you testing the mobile site or the desktop site?
Testing with a low-end device is a good way to identify potential performance optimizations.
It’s difficult to get lab metrics to match Core Web Vitals field data, but picking settings that are a bit worse than what’s typical for your users usually gets you close enough.
A common technique, used by malicious attackers to fool their victims, is using the Unicode special character U+202E known as an annulment from right to left to make the malicious file appears as a PDF document instead of a potentially dangerous executable file.
make documentfdp.exe appear to be documentexe.pdf
- Manually opening a socket and sending the HTTP Request
- urllib3 & LXML
- Requests & BeautifulSoup
- Web Crawling Frameworks
- Headless browsing
Pixar in a Box, a behind-the-scenes look at how Pixar artists do their jobs
ImHex A Hex Editor for Reverse Engineers, Programmers and people who value their retinas when working at 3 AM.
koreader, An ebook reader application supporting PDF, DjVu, EPUB, FB2 and many more formats, running on Cervantes, Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook and Android devices